Metallurgical Systems Pty Ltd (“Metallurgical”)
We respect your privacy
- Metallurgical respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about an individual. This includes information such as an individual’s name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information is collected
- Metallurgical will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address, workplace/employer and email address to enable us to send you information (including marketing information), provide updates and provide/process order for goods and/or services.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you elect to provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
How we use your personal information
- Metallurgical may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services as well as educational or industry information regarding the resource industry. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- Metallurgical will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include:
- providing you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administering our business activities;
- managing, researching and developing our products and services;
- providing you with information about our products and services;
- providing you with industry information and/or educational content;
- communicating with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- investigate any complaints.
- While you are entitled to either withhold your information, and/or act under a pseudonym, it may result in us being unable to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
- Metallurgical does not sell, trade or transfer personal information to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Metallurgical may from time to time use personal information to notify you of changes to services provided to you, or to bring to your attention new or additional services which may be beneficial or of interest to you. All such communications will include an option for you to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing.
Disclosure of your personal information
General Data Protection Regolation ( GDPR) for the European Union ( EU)
- Metallurgical will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. Metallurgical complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in Australia and the United States of America. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- Metallurgical is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at the email address listed on our Contact Us page.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to the email address listed on our Contact Us page. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
When you come to this website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Metallurgical is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.